Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Monday Night Fiasco

As promised, I watched last night's "Bachelor." Chantal had the first date. Their safari was amazing! My son, Joshua especially loved seeing the lions. Their date seemed kinda "buddy"-ish. Like they might have a crush on each other but not really in love yet. I know she has declared her love for him but I don't know if it's for the right reasons. We could tell what she really wanted to do in the fantasy suite. Thank goodness Brad chose the outdoor bed so they probably wouldn't be tempted to do anything beyond kissing. Maybe it was chosen because he knew Chantal would want to know him more (in the Biblical sense), and this was a safe escape route. But I'm sure he'll never confess to that.

Emily's date was so sweet. They rode on an elephant, a dream of hers. Chris Harrison mentioned in his blog that they allowed her to take some pictures of her riding the elephant so she could show her daughter later. Brad confessed at lunch that he was ready to be a father to Ricky. I believe this is what catapulted the conversation of further admiration from Emily later that night. At dinner, they seemed very comfortable with each other. Then the dreaded "fantasy suite" card came. She told him straight out that she knew what the suite is for and was not interested being a bad example to her daughter. But she laid down the law that she would only accept the offer if they could have chance to talk privately and keep things at the slow pace they have been going. (In other words, no sex. Good girl!) Right before the cameras left them at the suite, Emily told Brad she had fallen in love with him. And here's the best part...HE SAID IT BACK TO HER! Ali, from last season's "Bachelorette," said in a tweet that she was surprised he let that slip. They aren't supposed to give away those feelings too early. She said she felt like now he will just be stringing Chantal along for the final week.

Ashley's date is where things really went downhill. They flew a helicopter out to a gorgeous place called God's Window. They ate a picnic lunch while looking over a beautiful valley. During their conversation at lunch, Brad started asking some pretty serious questions about their future together. Ashley did not ask Brad one time what his plans were. It was all about her and what she had planned. I think it hurt Brad that she was not mindful of what his plans might be. Every time they talk about something important and she doesn't like what is said, she shuts down. This makes Brad shut down even more and it turns into a vicious cycle. He did offer the fantasy suite, and she accepted, but it was over by this point.

At the rose ceremony, Brad had the decency to take Ashley aside and explain his feelings. When Ashley said she was surprised that he was sending her home, it made me want to scream. How can you expect a proposal in a week when you don't even know what your future life together might look like? Chantal said it best during her date. When you are engaged to someone, that means you are ready at any time to get married. Ashley apparently did not have the same line of thought. I thought she should have been sent home much sooner than this week, but at least Brad finally opened his eyes to her.

If you watched the show with me last night, you probably saw the "Dancing with the Stars" cast reveal as well. I sat, anxiously waiting, just to get highly disappointed. There are only 11 stars this time, and only 3-4 of them are even names I recognized. NONE of them are "A-listers." Here's the list:

Women:
Kirstie Alley (Pretty well-known actress)
Kendra Wilkinson (Reality Star/Playboy Bunny...which I did not know until Tom said it last night.)
Wendy Williams (Talk Show Host - I don't watch her or know anything about her but I'm sure she'll be fun to watch.)
Chelsea Kane (Disney Kid - I'm sorry, I don't even know what show she is on. I don't have a tween in my house yet.)
Petra Nemcova (Model - Never heard of her)

Men:
Chris Jericho (Wrestler/Rocker - really? never heard of him either)
Mike Catherwood (Loveline - I didn't know that show was still around until I saw it on "Bachelor.")
Romeo (Rapper - as in Lil' Romeo...remember? I haven't heard any of his stuff recently.)
"Sugar" Ray Leonard (Retired Boxer - YES, I've heard of him! I think one of my Uncles sparred with him but I could be wrong.)
Ralph Macchio (Actor - as in THE Karate Kid. But he has gotten a lot older. Wow.)
Hines Ward (Wide Receiver for the Pittsburgh Steelers)

As you readers know, I am a Patriots fan and cannot stand the Steelers. (Sorry, Mr. Robert.) BUT, I will be cheering for Hines Ward this season, with Sugar Ray as a close second. My gut feeling is that Ralph "The Karate Kid" Macchio will be the winner. I heard a rumor that he is a great dancer. Hmm...very interesting... Guess we'll see!

Don't be afraid to post your comments below. I like feedback on my thoughts. Just know that all vulgar or questionable comments will be instantly deleted. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment