Monday, March 28, 2011

Pounds for Crowns Week 5

We decided last week to change the time we meet on Sundays from 5:00pm to right after the worship service (or around noon). After church was over, I ran up the stairs and into the classroom, threw my boots off, and stepped on the scale. And what I saw made me jump for joy! I lost 3.8 lbs this week which puts me at 156.6 lbs. The total weight I've lost in these 5 weeks is 9.4 pounds! Only 7.2 lbs to go until I reach my first goal. Awesome!

It was my mom's birthday yesterday. We had my parents and my sister over for lunch after church to celebrate the occasion. I made my mom's recipe of teriyaki chicken. I've had so many people ask me for the recipe that I have decided to share it here! It is so yummy and easy to make. Enjoy!

Momma Coburn's Teriyaki Chicken
Prep time: 5 min. Cooking time: 50 min.

Ingredients:
2 lbs chicken breast, unfrozen
garlic powder, to taste
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup honey

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly dust chicken breast with garlic powder on all sides. Then, place chicken breast in glass baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.

While chicken is baking, mix soy sauce, ketchup, and honey in measuring cup. When 20 minutes have passed, remove dish from oven and turn chicken over. Change oven temp to 300 degrees. Evenly cover chicken with teriyaki mixture and return to oven for 15 minutes.

Remove dish again, turn chicken, and baste. Return to oven for final 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and serve with brown rice and vegetables.

Note: For larger batches, increase sauce measurements and cooking times as needed. I made 4 lbs chicken in 2 dishes on 350 degrees for three 20 min. intervals. And sauce measurements were increased to 2/3 cup each. Also, the sauce is great to pour over the chicken when serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment