Friday, March 4, 2011

Controlling My Anger

I apologize for not writing about "The Biggest Loser" this week. I wanted to wait a little while before writing because I was SO mad about this week's episode. I have heard comments on FB and Twitter about it that I would like to address as well. Guess we should start at the beginning...

After last week's weigh-in, we find the contestants are sent home to their families for 2 weeks. I think it's a little earlier than usual but a lot of these people were very homesick this season. Most of them did a great job keeping up with their diet and exercise programs while away from the Ranch. When they got back home, they knew the challenge would be to run a 5k. The reward...you could pick your trainer again in the order you finished the challenge. My thoughts, at this moment, were, "Great! Now the teams can go back the way they wanted them to be originally. No big deal!" But then Sarah does the unexpected! She chooses to stay with the black team, essentially sealing Arthur's doom. I heard some people say they were upset with Jen, but she was in the same position Arthur was in and was going to be sent home if she didn't get to re-choose her trainer. Please don't blame Jen! It really is Sarah's fault for what would become the most emotional weigh-in I have ever seen.

Black team weighed in first and kicked some booty! I am so proud of them!! Then, the red team. Rulon weighed in first and had me thinking that the red team might actually win the weigh-in. But the rest of the team had horrible numbers. Moses and Kaylee apparently had a hard time being accountable to their weight loss at home. They didn't show it or mention it until Arthur said something in the interview. Funny, the red team didnt even acknowledge that the father and daughter had dropped the ball. As poor Arthur goes up to get his weight, he is reminded that he could have immunity if he loses over 18 pounds. Then the scale shows he only lost 16. I screamed. I knew what that meant. But, hark! In comes Bob and Jillian to tell the red team to get some backbone and keep him on the ranch. Was there now hope? Uh, no. The red team decided to vote with their own interests at heart and booted Arthur from the ranch. My thoughts? Go black team and go Courtney. I hope every red team member loses every weigh-in left in the season...and Sarah, too. (Who I was cheering for, but no longer.)

Another thing that has gotten my blood boiling this week is the NFL/NFLPA labor talks. Court documents released this week showed how the NFL and the owners would have had access to $4 billion (yes, that's billion with a "b") during a potential lockout. And the players would not have had access to the money. But the crazy thing is, a 1-2 year lockout has been premeditated for 3 years now. Unbelievable! Good thing is the judge who presides over the NFL disputes ruled in favor of the players and that money will now have to be divided properly to the players for "damages" and such. As I write this, both sides have agreed to extend the CBA talks thru next Friday. I hope this means that they are seriously trying to get a new CBA and not just attempting to delay the inevitable. Can't we just get this deal done peaceably?

Now that I've shared what has burned me up this week, let me share some good news! My darling son has been on a great schedule since the beginning of last week. He's been getting up early, eating breakfast and lunch on time, laying down for a good nap without fighting, and going to bed at a decent hour. I didn't really do anything to cause it, he's just been a good boy! I guess God is the one I should thank for this change of behavior in him. It has been such a help to know how to plan my days. Let's hope that this schedule continues! Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment