Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Emotional Roller Coaster

Let me say it at least one time...I TOLD YOU SO! I knew Brad would choose Emily in the end. She has been the favorite from the very beginning. Even his family knew she was the one for him. Watching the show last night and the proposal was beautiful. You could really tell they were in love.

Then...

Brad is interviewed during the "After the Final Rose" special and says that he and Emily have been having a hard time. They have postponed their wedding twice and broken up at least once. Emily later confirmed what he said and admitted that she watched the show each Monday which made her emotionally distressed. Chris Harrison really wanted to help their relationship out, so he brought in the previous bachelor/bachelorettes that had successful relationships to give some advice. I really hope Brad and Emily will look to them for help as they try to work this all out.

The best part of the "After" special was when Brad brought her ring back, correctly sized. He told her that it meant more to him today than it did the day he proposed if she would accept it. She did! Hopefully, they will do as Emily said and "start over with a clean slate." I know it must have been hard to watch Brad with the other girls each week. And then, they had to keep their proposal a secret for 3 months. During that time, she was still in Raleigh, and he in Austin. I talked to my hubby after the show to get his thoughts on their relationship. He felt that they were seriously trying their best to make it work and things would get better soon. I hope so.

This morning, I woke up to the news that Ashley H. is the new "Bachelorette." I am not really happy with this decision but I guess it'll grow on me. I really felt that a new girl would have been better. I guess people are already emotionally invested in Ashley and want to see her do well. Probably better for the ratings because of that. The next season of "Bachelorette" airs May 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment