Monday, March 28, 2011

Music To My Ears

What a fun, busy week I've had! I played the organ for a wedding on Friday afternoon. I came home for about an hour afterward and then headed out to the Bible Truth Music regional choir conference in Yorktown, VA. (Please visit their website! http://www.bibletruthmusic.com/ ) I had 7 members of my choir, including myself, attend the event. The church served dinner on Friday, and breakfast and lunch on Saturday. Everything was delicious!

After we ate dinner, we immediately started learning 6 new songs that most of us had never heard before. We spent a few hours on Friday night rehearsing and learning the basics of the music. Right before we were released for the night, my mom, my husband, and I were asked to sing in the ensemble. So, we had one more new song to learn! We didn't get home until about 10:30pm. My baby boy was already asleep so I didn't get to see him that night.

Saturday, we had to be at the church by 8:30am for breakfast. I made the tough decision to leave my son, asleep, with my sister (the babysitter!). I really missed him but I knew it would go smoother if he didn't have to say goodbye to me. We rehearsed the 6 songs we heard the night before again on Saturday. Would we learn them in time? Yes! At 4:00pm, the concert started and we sang each song like we had practiced them for months. My sister got to the concert late so I kept peeking between the choir folks to get a good look at my son. He was a good boy during the entire concert. Once we finished our part, I quickly made my way to my seat so I could love on my son. He wanted to get down and play so I took him in the nursery so he could run around. It had been almost a whole 24 hours since I had seen him last and I enjoyed every minute holding him!

Alright, I've been saying that I would write about the NCAA basketball tournament and haven't done it yet. The time has arrived! We are down to the Final Four. I didn't do well in my brackets after the first round. But there were so many upsets this year! Of course, the teams I had been cheering for since the beginning of the tournament were ODU, VCU, George Mason, Richmond, and Hampton. These are the "local" teams for my area. Of those five, only one has gone far and that is VCU. They are playing Butler in the Final Four on Saturday with a chance to play for the championship game next Monday. No one thought they would do as well as they have. Actually, they had to play their way in to the regular tournament. A lot of analysts thought the committee should not have let VCU in at all. But, look where they are now?! They deserve this moment. Shaka Smart, their head coach, has been the conquering hero for the team. I hope they can go all the way and win the whole thing. It's going to be tough, but look at what they've already accomplished. It can be done.

I'll have another post shortly with my weight-loss results this week. See you in a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment