Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pounds for Crowns Week 2

I stepped on the scale Sunday evening, hoping to pull a large number. Instead, I got a disappointing 0.6 pound loss. I know, I know...it's better than gaining! But I was still looking forward to losing 3 or 4 pounds this week. Oh, well. I just know that I need to do more activity this week than I did last week. Maybe this means I'll pull a large number next week! Anyway, this week's weigh-in put me at 162.4 lbs and a total weight-loss of 3.6 lbs.

I found so many good foods to eat that are low in point value. Some days, I don't have enough room in my stomach to eat all of my daily allotment of points. Joshua and I went for a walk on Monday and we'll probably go again one or two more times this week. I say "we" but he was just in the stroller. We go to the Boo Williams Sportsplex in Hampton when it's too cold or wet outside. I am very thankful to have a place to walk indoors so I have no excuse to get out and be active.

My son has been an emotional kid so far this week. He's thrown quite a few temper tantrums and has had attitude changes at the drop of a hat. His nose has been running all day so I would like to blame this on him possibly being sick. But I really think the culprit is teething. Yes! He will be 18 months on Thursday and he is already getting his 2-year molars in. My mom mentioned it to me tonight and after researching the symptoms, I am 99% positive this is the issue. He has been early for all of his teeth so it doesn't really surprise me, but this is the first time he has had any teething problems. His only symptom of teething in the past has been waking up frequently in the middle of the night. But today? He has been fussy, grumpy, runny-nosed, chewing his fingers (rather than the norm of sucking on them), and refusing some food. I just hope he gets these teeth in quickly because it's hard to handle a grumpy little boy who cries at any given moment.

Of course, I did watch my favorite TV shows this week. But it's late and I'm too tired to write about them right now. I will do my best to post tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment