Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Catching Up

I apologize for not writing at all this week. There has been a lot going on! This post will take me from last Tuesday to Saturday. I'll write another post with my weight-loss results tomorrow.

So, last Tuesday night I watched "Biggest Loser." The two teams had to become one team, and lose more weight than they lost together the previous week. They had a group challenge and a pop challenge which teamed them up in pairs which was made up of one member from the previous red or black teams. My thinking during this episode is that we already know the red team has an alliance. Since that is the case, the black team should do the same. I know they were one team this week, but an alliance is in place to end, regardless of what color shirt they are wearing.

When it was apparent that they were not all going to get immunity and someone would have to be sent home, Marci should have kept her mouth shut. The black team should have voted Kaylee off to give the red team one less member in the long run. I hope Marci's decision to sacrifice herself doesn't hurt her girls in the coming weeks. Side note: Thank you, Jen, for your vote to send Kaylee home. I wish the other girls had done the same.

Thursday was St. Patrick's Day...my favorite holiday of the year! I wore my green shirt, socks, nail polish, earrings, bracelet, hat, glasses and eye shadow. We ate breakfast at The Pub. They were serving corned beef and eggs, french toast casserole, breakfast Shepherd's Pie, and steak & eggs. After we left there, we headed over to Target for a little while before going to NASCAR Sports Grille to watch the ODU/Butler game. It was an incredible game, but I wish ODU had won. I'll be talking more about the NCAA tournament in another post this week.

Friday, my bff and I went to the zoo. Joshua loves lions and he had a blast looking at all the animals. We played at the playground and ate lunch there, too. It was a gorgeous day! That evening, my family sang at a benefit sing for Cystic Fibrosis. There was a great crowd out to hear the 6 Southern Gospel groups. We raised $725 in the offering that night. Awesome! If you are one of the ones who came, thank you so much for your contribution. It will go a long way!

On Saturday, I had what I would consider to be the perfect day. I woke up that morning to the news that my friend's brother-in-law had accepted Christ as his Savior. Now, I know this is always something to be happy about, but he was just given days to a week to live. His decision was needed urgently before he entered eternity! Then, we went to Busch Gardens for a few hours where we had the best time. Joshua rode quite a few rides, some by himself! It was so much fun. On our way back, Tim dropped me off at the mall to buy a dress and get my hair fixed up for the opera that night. He bought a tuxedo and brought me flowers. We ate at a fancy restaurant and had a great time with friends. I would love to go again in the future! I think we're going to try "The Mikado" next Spring when the VA Opera performs it in 2012.

Sorry if it feels like I crammed everything in here. I will admit that the basketball games took up a lot of my time when I wasn't out doing something else. I will do a much better job of keeping up with my blog this week...promise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment