Friday, February 4, 2011

Super Bowl Week (and other stuff)

I should be watching all the coverage of the Super Bowl knowing my Patriots are going. But they're not. At least I can be happy hearing that they are winning all the AP/NFL awards this week! Tom Brady got OPOY and Belichick is COY. MVP will probably also go to Brady. Too bad we couldn't have a Super Bowl win as the cherry on top. The crazy thing is...we weren't expected to do as well as we did! Imagine the possibilities this coming year!! (Provided there is no lockout.)

My pick for SB 45: Steelers 27 - Packers 31  Everone is talking about how the Steelers' defense is going to smear Green Bay, but I just don't think it will happen. Of course, I could be wrong! I picked a GB/NE Super Bowl at the beginning of the season and it didn't happen. But, boy, was I close!

Now to the "other stuff." "Biggest Loser:" I thought they would be playing the second half of last week's episode after the SOTU. Oops. So, I had to wait until this week's episode to finally get an answer. I am so glad Don was voted off, even though he kinda voted himself off. It was nice to see that his son has started talking to him again. I figured now that the twins were gone, most of the drama was as well. But it looks like Q is going to have drama follow him until he gets his attitude right. I really wish the other team members would have just voted him off because he's going to be a future threat anyway. Q definitely has a target on his back if he doesn't start working harder.

I was disappointed and thrilled about this week's episode of "The Bachelor." The disappointment was the 2-on-1 date with the Ashleys. I think he sent the wrong one home. Brad hates drama, but he kept the Ashley that is one of the most emotionally distraught girls on the show! I've been reading Chris Harrison's blog each week and he said we have to realize that all we see is not relayed to Brad. It's up to Brad to figure out what each girl is like. Not like it matters anyway...because I hope he picks Emily in the end! This was the highlight of the week. His spending more time with Emily is giving her more confidence in him and will help her open up more. The NASCAR date was a great push in the right direction. The other girls are right to be jealous but shouldn't get weepy over it. (I say that, but I haven't been through it myself. Guess I got no room to talk, huh?)

I forgot to mention that I really enjoyed the latest new episode of "Castle." (My dad and I watch it and then talk about it later. I like that a lot!) There is so much romantic tension between Beckett and Castle. So it was weird to see them lip-lock! Weird, but in a good way. I am also looking forward to the latest season of "Who Do You Think You Are?" that starts tonight. Vanessa Williams is first.

My weekend will be pretty busy, so I should be back on Monday to write again. I will share my P90X update and of course talk about the results of the Super Bowl. Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment