Monday, February 21, 2011

Pounds for Crowns Weigh-in

As I mentioned in my last post, I decided to stop doing the P90X program due to gaining weight the first 3 weeks. I started on the old Weight Watchers Flex program today. A few of the ladies at my church get together each Sunday night and have a weekly weigh-in. Our leader thought of the name "Pounds for Crowns." Each week, we bring $1 and after a few months, we donate the funds to one of our missionaries. Neat, huh?! I thought so, too.

I weighed in last night (going to be transparent and accountable to my readers!) at 166.0 pounds. Our first goal as a group is to lose 10%. This means my first goal is 16.6 pounds and my second goal is 30 total pounds. I get 25 WW points a day and 35 flex points for the week. If you're not sure what I'm talking about...sorry! Just google it and there are plenty of sites that can explain it for you. The last time I was on this program, I lost 25 pounds. You might be asking why I gained the weight back. Well, I had a baby. I lost most of the baby weight in the first year. But around the time I stopped nursing, the pounds piled on. It was my own fault! I knew I wasn't eating right. Yeah, we ate "healthy" most of the time because of my son, but my portions were large. I also kept a stash of stuff Joshua couldn't eat and would snack after he laid down to sleep. It is my goal that I will continue every day to make my eating habits I have learned from WW stick for years to come. Pray for me as I go on this journey and I wish you success in any weight-loss program you may be participating in! (If you are, and you are a friend of mine on FB, message me about the e-mail accountability program I'm in.)

The weather has been incredible the last few days. Today will be the last nice day for a little while. I plan on taking advantage of it as soon as Joshua wakes up from his nap. And maybe Tim will join us for a family walk! With the beautiful weather, we were able to go to 2 Apprentice School baseball games. Unfortunately, they lost both of them. But we always have a great time when we go. Joshua loved running around and talking to everyone nearby. Silly kid.

Looking forward to watching "The Bachelor" tonight to see how Brad reacts to being in the girls' home environment. I really hope Emily's little girl will open up to Brad. It will help their relationship so much! Of course, I'll write about it later this week. Don't forget to read my post on how you can help me raise funds for Cystic Fibrosis research! ( http://justanotherfreckledgirl.blogspot.com/2011/02/cystic-fibrosis-benefit.html ) Only 23 days left! Hope you all have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment