Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Great Weekend in Review

Our family survived Great Wolf Lodge. Four rooms, 13 adults, 12 children (ages 1 month-8 years), and water = a great time! Joshua really didn't like the water. I don't understand why. He did like the tubes, though. He rode the lazy river with me twice and fell asleep on me in the wave pool. It was the best part of the weekend. I won't be posting pictures here because I was in a swimsuit...not pretty. =+)

Saturday night, my parents came over for a little bit. I went to the grocery store by myself to pick up some things to snack on. It was so nice not having to worry about keeping Joshua happy while looking for stuff. Ended up making my mexican dip and we had fruit and cream cheese dip. I bought the movie "Hoosiers" and we watched it after Tim and my dad played Wii Golf. Pretty good movie!

I did okay during the first Sunday of the NFL off-season. We got home from church and the Bruins game was on. They were ahead in the first period, but the Red Wings got serious in the last 2 periods. Lost 4-2. Then I switched over to the Celtics/Heat game. My Twitter timeline was saying we were losing, but by the time I started watching the game, things had turned around. What a great game! Rondo had a triple-double and Big Baby pulled through right when needed.

Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day. I sure did! I spent the afternoon with my friend in Gloucester and her daughter. She made egg salad (one of my faves) and brownies! The fellowship was the best part, of course. I don't get out the house much anymore or get a lot of social time during the week. We talked about trying to find a playgroup that I could take Joshua to. (If anyone reading this knows of any good ones, please comment!) On our way home, we got stuck at the drawbridge. Since Joshua had fallen asleep, I decided to take the auto tour of the Yorktown Battlefield. It was a beautiful drive and an even more beautiful day. Tim texted me when I got home and told me to get ready to go out that night. He surprised me and took me to the Captain George's seafood restaurant in Williamsburg. It was sooooo good! They have a few locations on the East Coast. I highly encourage you to visit their website http://captaingeorges.com/ and try to make a trip to eat there. On our way home, he bought me a beautiful rose. I have such a sweet husband.

Since I went out last night, I wasn't able to watch "The Bachelor." I am going to try and watch it while Joshua takes his nap today. I also have a fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis that starts today. I will post later on the details so everyone can get involved. Joshua is getting mad at me for being on the computer...gotta go!

1 comment:

  1. I won't ruin The Bachelor for you... but it was a good one. Grayson also hates when I'm on the computer and he'll just close the laptop mid-sentence! Grayson still likes the water for now, but everyone we know says that this next summer he'll probably be afraid of it. I think it's a 'phase' they go through.

    ReplyDelete