Tuesday, January 18, 2011

There's Always Next Year

It's times like these that make it hard to be a sports fan. You put a lot of faith into your team, knowing they can accomplish so much more, then...you lose to the smack-talking Jets. I was upset Sunday and Monday. But I've had some time to gather my thoughts. I'm a female, so I get emotional. A little time was all I needed to get over this loss. I am now sooooo ready for next year. Maybe the 2011 season will be our perfect season, complete with SB win. I know what you're thinking, but that's the expectation I start each new season with. Know this - I support my team, win or lose, because that's what good sports fans do. Onward!

Joshua, my son, had his circumcision revised last Thursday. He was such a good boy! Didn't cry one time. I will admit it was quite scary for me. This was the first time he'd ever been put to sleep or had any type of surgery. The nurses were very helpful and eased my mind that he would be okay. He has recovered well, too. I appreciate all the prayers sent up for him!

Yesterday was MLK Day. My hubby was off work so we went to Historic Jamestowne. It was pretty cold but we had a great time. They just found the foundation and remains of the first church ever built in America. One of the top ten finds of 2010. Amazing to be able to stand right next to it! And once it warms up, people will be able to see them dig it all up. If you can't make a trip out here to see it yourself, visit their website http://www.historicjamestowne.org/the_dig/dig_2010_08_24.php and watch the video of the church dig. They update every month!

Well, my baby boy is awake and wanting to get into everything (guess that's what 16 month old boys do)! Better get off here. Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment