Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011 Resolution

Okay. My resolution for 2011 is to keep up with this blog! I downloaded Blogger-Droid on my phone so I can keep up. Let's fill in from where we left off!

Braces: Love that they are off!!!!! I went right out and ate a cheeseburger (which I scarfed down in 60 seconds). It used to take me a long to time to eat anything that I had to bite into. The little things in life are so underappreciated.

Football: My Patriots are playing the best football ever. I really believe they will make it all the way and win the Super Bowl. I just wish I could be there to see it! I was trying to talk my hubby into going to the AFC Championship game but he said not this year. Oh, well. At least I got to attend the butt-whooping of the Jets on December 6. That was a fun game (my first NFL game, btw). Congratulations to the players who were voted in to the Pro Bowl. Also, congrats to Wes Welker who was selected for the Ed Block Courage Award. If you haven't heard about Wes' foundation, please visit his website and find out more. http://www.weswelkerfoundation.org/

Family: My baby boy is almost 16 months. Crazy! Didn't we just celebrate his first birthday? He is having surgery next Thursday. Please pray for him, and for my sanity. I know he'll be okay, but I will probably be a wreck. Tim is finished with the investment property we purchased in October. It should go on the market this week. Let's hope it sells quickly and for the full amount we ask.

SG: Let's see...since my last post, my family has sung a few times. Of course, my favorite is the All-Night Sing we have every November. This year was the best we've had for a long time. Great variety of groups and we went until almost midnight! Also since September, I've had the privilege to see the Mitchum Brothers, the Hoppers, and the Dove Brothers. (We don't get as many "big" SG groups in my area any more, but it's starting to turn around.) The Mitchum Brothers were great, as usual, and the Hoppers blew my socks off. They didn't sing "That's Him," which was disappointing. But the one I really want to talk about is DBQ. I didn't know they had a band. At first, I wasn't sure what they would sound like. I've been so used to them singing with tracks or a pianist. But, I loved it!!! I especially enjoyed the bass guitarist. He did an incredible job! There are probably some other big groups, even non-SG, that would love to get their hands on him.

I would love to post more but my son is having a temper tantrum and throwing things. Gotta go! I promise I'll be back soon with a new post. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment