Monday, June 20, 2011

What I've Been Watching

Okay...I haven't updated lately on the shows I've been watching. Guess I should start with the one that has my attention every week...

The Bachelorette
Ashley as the Bachelorette was not something I was entirely happy with. I feel she lacks the emotional connection with the audience as did Ali or Brad. But since she's the only one we have to work with, let me share a few comments.

Bentley. UGH. Michelle (from Brad's second season) warned Ashley about Bentley coming on the show and his true intentions. But Ashley, ignoring that warning, fell in love with the guy. He is a two-faced liar! Of course, we see it...but she is unaware of what he is saying about her behind her back. I think the warning should have been enough to cause doubt, but Ashley is too blind to see it. And sometimes I feel like she talks about him all the time just to take us off the trail. I'm tired of hearing about the guy, honestly.

Now that it has been a couple weeks, I'll make my official guess. Let me start by saying that I had a really hard time picking someone right away because of our red herring, Bentley. JP stood out in the first few episodes to grab my attention, but Ames had a great date this week. I'm thinking JP will be the final one standing in the end, but Ames will make it pretty far. When you look at Ames, he seems like the type who is a stuck-up, pretty boy. But he really was humble, sweet, and genuine. Like I said, he will get far.

The reason I think JP will be the last one standing is by seeing the way he and Ashley interact with each other already. They seem to connect well and after seeing how they were on the beach in the rain, you can't help but wonder if she talks about Bentley to distract you from the instant attraction she had for JP. (Almost like Ali with Roberto. You could tell early on that they were made for each other. Justin and Frank provided constant distraction.)

By the way, I would like to put my vote in for the next Bachelor...West! He's got one of those stories like Emily from last season. He really seems like a nice guy, too. I tweeted Chris Harrison with my vote, and I hope he takes it into consideration. Of course, next season will be the return of "Bachelor Pad." The only thing I am looking forward to is seeing Jake and Vienna in the same house. We will get to see their true colors. My guess is that Vienna will try her hardest to make Jake look like a jerk, only to backfire when we see how nice a guy he really is.

The Voice
I have really enjoyed this show. I like that it's not as drawn out as American Idol. It's short, sweet, and to the point. The live shows have been a blast to watch as well. I don't care for some of the outfits the girls wear, though. I thought live television learned their lesson with Janet Jackson and the famous "wardrobe malfunction." Anyway, only two weeks left before we find out who "The Voice" will be.

America's Got Talent
This is another show that can kinda get a little drawn out. But I have enjoyed watching the banter between Howie and Piers each week. One of the main reasons I watch this show is to get ideas for my puppet group. (I loved the Silhouettes! Don't know how far they will go in competition but what a great idea!) They are still in the audition rounds. Live shows don't start for a few more weeks.

Well, that's all for now. This week is going to be crazy with Teen Camp and VBS at my church. We are also in the middle of our puppet performances for the season. I hope to write again before the end of the week. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment