Saturday, April 13, 2013

Fake An Injury Party

Sorry for the length between posts but things have been pretty busy around here. This should have been up on the blog in November! My church's Adult Sunday School class has a big meeting every quarter. The October meeting always falls around Halloween so we decided to have a fun theme. I found the idea for a "Fake An Injury" party on Pinterest and the rest was history! Now, I cannot take credit for this idea. I follow a GREAT blog, inviteanddelight.blogspot.com, that has creative ideas for parties and gatherings. I also got some other ideas on Pinterest. I'll share all the information below with the pictures I took at the party.

"Used Band-aids" These were made with graham crackers, cupcake icing in a can, and strawberry-apple sauce. They looked nasty! (Idea credit: katherinemaries.com)

"Dirty Q-Tips" Small marshmallows dipped in creamy peanut butter on both ends of a toothpick. (Idea credit: katherinemaries.com)

"Brain!" Strawberry Jell-O in a brain mold. I actually purchased this directly from the Jell-O store online. It came with directions for different mixes to put in it to make cool colors! Find it here.

"Leprous Hands" Microwave-popped popcorn covered in white cheddar seasoning, placed in a vinyl, powder-free glove. I'm embarrassed to say that I misspelled "leprous" in the pic. Oops! These were my idea!

"Bandaged Heads" My co-host, Caryn, brought these. I think she got them in the store with everything included, minus the actual cupcakes. They are so cute! They were meant to be "mummy cupcakes" but we renamed them for the party theme.

Now, here are a few of the guests who showed up with "injuries"...

There are lots of other things we did that I didn't get pictures of. Everyone had to sign in like they were entering an emergency room. The paper required their full legal name, symptoms, etc. We read them off later and some of them were pretty hilarious. The food was served on cafeteria-style trays. We had a photo booth with doctor props. The booth was set up like a hospital room. The punch was blood red. Like I said, great ideas but no pics. =+( It was a great time had by all. I'm sure we'll do something like it again in the future. It is my hope that you will glean some ideas from this post and use it for your next Halloween party!

No comments:

Post a Comment